We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Anaesthetist (with an interest in Intensive Care) for immediate placement in the Shropshire area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practise.
Core duties for the Anaesthetics position would include:
* An opportunity has arisen for two Consultant Anaesthetists with an interest in Intensive Care to join the Trust. These posts will be based at the Hospital where there is currently an enthusiastic team of 7 Consultants with an interest in intensive care.
* The intensive care Consultants will work on an 8 week rota of which 2 are spent solely on Intensive Care. Following recent recruitment we have been able to split the on call rota so that now there is a separate rota for ITU and general on call on a 1 in 8 basis.
* The Trust is currently looking at improving care across the County with a "Future Fit" development which would include a single ITU at one Hospital.
* At present there are 13 beds at the Hospital and 11 at the other Hospital. In the new unit we would hope to expand the total bed base of 30 initially with the aim of eventually expanding to 40 beds.
* The posts are full time and will consist of 10 PA's plus the opportunity to take up further clinical duties if the applicants wish. Part time and job share applications will also be given consideration.
* It is expected that the successful applicants would be on call during their ITU weeks to ensure continuity of care. However there is flexibility to swap on call nights if family or other commitments so dictate.
* The ITU weeks are cross covered and this is taken into account in the allocation of PA's on an annual basis, as is predictable on call at weekends. A more detailed account of the PA allocation is available to interested candidates.
If you have the following, then please apply today!
* Qualified in Anaesthetics
* Valid GMC registration
Some of the areas we cover in Shropshire include:
* Market Drayton
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.