We are currently seeking an experienced Locum Consultant Physician in Stroke and Elderly Care Medicine for immediate placement in the Shropshire area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties for this position would include:
Deliver Stroke services:
* You will be part of the stroke Consultant rota supporting the delivery of Hyper Acute and Acute stroke care and the running of the (currently) 5-day/week TIA clinic service.
* There are already three Consultants with a specific interest in stroke medicine so the post holder will be part of the stroke ward rotation for cross cover in the department.
Deliver Elderly Care:
* You will be expected to be involved in the delivery of elderly care services on Ward 17 and the orthogeriatric services on Ward 10. The emphasis of this is to provide prompt and comprehensive frail and complex assessment for all older patients admitted.
* It focuses on swift multidisciplinary assessment and treatment to keep Hospital length of stay to a minimum. There are strong links to primary and intermediate care services to allow supported discharges to the Community.
Deliver Acute General Medicine:
* You will be required to commit to participate in emergency on- call rotas for acutely ill adults in general medicine.
* The on call element will average 1:13; there is an established medical admissions unit with 4 Acute Physicians who take over the care of patients from the general Physicians after the post ward round on the AMU.
Deliver outpatient and community services:
* You will have outpatient clinics based at the Hospital, including one specialist clinic and also delivering the TIA clinic on a rotational basis.
* Qualified doctor
* Valid GMC registration
Areas we cover in Shropshire include:
* Market Drayton
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.