We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Dermatologist for immediate placement in the East Kent area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice. Salary is dependent on location, grade and previous experience.
Core duties would include:
* It is expected that the successful applicant will play an active part in the development of the innovative dermatology service between primary and secondary care, developing strong links with our primary care colleagues.
* The post holder will work closely with the dermatology team in delivering inpatient and outpatient dermatology services to the local population.
* Specific duties are a combination of outpatient clinics and surgery sessions with weekly MDT and monthly joint clinic attendance. PA to SPA ratios are 8:2 depending on additional commitments.
* Clinical PAs are divided between fixed clinical sessions and clinical administrative/travel/other requirements. Ward referrals at the hospitals are undertaken by all the dermatology staff.
* The general responsibilities of the post will be those expected of a senior clinical employee of the Trust. These include provision of a first class clinical service, effective leadership to all staff involved in supporting the service, conducting clinical practice in accordance with the highest ethical standards, co-operation with and maintenance of confidentiality over business plans and development strategies within the Trust, support for other clinical specialties and contribution to postgraduate teaching.
* The appointee will be expected to deliver a service covering all aspects of dermatology, but a special interest to complement those of the existing consultants would be encouraged.
* The Trust has a formal induction program and mentoring is in place to support newly appointed consultants.
* The Job Plan will include mandatory attendance and contribution to the weekly Skin Cancer MDT at one of the acute hospitals which are all video-linked. The MDT is supported by an MDT co-ordinator and a skin cancer specialist nurse.
* There is a monthly business meeting where all consultants, nurses, managers are invited to attend. The development of the department and future plans are discussed at this meeting which is chaired by the Clinical Lead.
* Regular attendance of the meetings the Royal Society of Medicine and their specialist sections is encouraged. We also have academic links with King's College Hospital in London.
Areas we cover in East Kent include:
* Excellent pay rates
* Daily Payroll
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
* CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
* Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and clerical staff, supplying over 3 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical