We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant in General Medicine for immediate placement in the Isle of Wight area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice. You also need membership with the faculty of Occupational Medicine.
Core duties would include:
* Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients
* To share with colleagues responsibility for day-to-day management of General Medicine services with a commitment to the acute medical 1 in 11 on call rota
* Teaching and training of junior staff
* To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit
* To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME)
* Responsibility for diagnosis and treatment of illness for a number of general medical in-patients.
* To participate in the prospective 1 in 11 Consultant general medical emergency on-call rota. The weekday on-calls require the Consultant to be available between 2000-0800 for advice and to come in if required. The evening and morning weekday ward rounds are undertaken by the Acute Physicians. Weekends requires the on-call Consultant to perform a morning and evening ward round.
* Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
* Valid GMC registration
* Qualified in Occupational Medicine
Areas we cover on Isle of Wight include:
* Excellent pay rates
* Daily Payroll
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
* Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.