We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Radiologist for immediate placement in the Isle of Wight area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
The Radiology department need unique staff who are able to adapt to evolving requirements. Providing a high quality and reliable work ethic are valued factors within Radiology.
Core duties would include:
* This will comprise of plain film and cross sectional reporting plus attendance at MDT. However, it is important to maintain a broad exposure to all medical imaging available at the Trust.
* Specialist interests and flexibility can be discussed further in line with sessions available. The final timetable may change as the Consultant integrates into the department in the climate of services' reconfiguration in the Trust and local health economy.
* Flexibility is expected within sessions to cover colleague's absence and other department needs. 0.5 SPA is to be worked flexibly to accommodate joint meetings.
* To work with local managers and professional colleagues in the efficient running of services and to share with Consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
* Provision of a Diagnostic Imaging service for the Isle of Wight, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department.
* Substituting, in an emergency, for absent or ill colleagues.
Teaching and Training:
* The post holder will be expected to play his/her part in postgraduate activities, teaching and clinical audit. This will include contribution to education and training programmes for hospital medical staff, GPs and other groups of hospital staff.
* Qualified in Radiology
* Valid GMC/registration
Areas we cover on the Isle of Wight include:
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.