We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Doctor in Emergency Medicine for immediate placement in the East Kent area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties would include:
* To provide high quality consultant delivered care to patients including clinical leadership and supervision of junior medical staff, ensuring the highest standards of clinical care are provided to all patients attending the ED.
* To be proactive in ensuring that all patients receive rapid assessment, treatment and clinical decision making, whilst ensuring that the Emergency Access Standards to deliver safe quality and performance are delivered and sustained.
* Patient safety, dignity and care are the highest priority and at the centre of all that we do. Whilst on duty in the department the ED consultant will provide highly visible and focussed clinical leadership.
* Working in conjunction with the nurse in charge of the shift and the SpR/specialty doctor lead to ensure that there is effective and timely communication between the clinical team; timely intervention and safe care to maintain optimal patient flow.
* When colleagues are absent alternative clinical duties may be arranged to provide appropriate cover.
* To provide teaching and training at undergraduate and postgraduate level and supervise and train the junior and speciality doctors in emergency medicine and emergency nurse practitioners.
* To be proactive in the Division's clinical governance agenda and take on leadership roles to support continuous learning and improvement, thereby abiding by the clinical and corporate governance policies of the Trust.
* To liaise with clinicians and managers within and outside the department to address issues arising that affect the services.
* To participate in relevant audit and quality assurance processes.
* To communicate with local GPs.
* To manage a team of medical staff.
* Valid GMC registration or in progress
* Qualified in General Medicine
Areas we cover in East Kent include:
* Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
* Excellent salary packages available
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.