We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant in Histopathology and Cytopathology for immediate placement in the Essex area. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
Core duties would include:
* To share in the Histopathology and Cytology services provided by the department in conjunction with consultant colleagues. Special interest in skin pathology is required; advantageous would be interest in skin pathology and/or non-gynaecological cytology.
* To develop a Job Plan, each year, with the Clinical Lead.
* To participate in the reporting of Frozen Sections.
* To participate in Histopathology and/or Cytology EQA schemes as required by the Breast, Cervical and Bowel Screening Programmes. Leads for Multidisciplinary meetings must participate in the relevant histopathology EQA.
* Participate in Clinical Governance both in the department and the Trust through (compulsory) participation in an annual appraisal, in external and internal quality assurance programmes and in clinical audit.
* Participate in clinicopathological meetings and in Multidisciplinary meetings (MDMs) with assumption of Lead Position for at least one discipline. The Lead Position will depend on the interests of the successful candidate. Currently there are 17 MDMs (excluding neuropathology), two of which are non-malignant (inflammatory bowel disease and "medical" livers). Eleven MDMs occur weekly, three are fortnightly and two are monthly.
* Observe Trust policies and procedures, drawn up in consultation with the profession on clinical matters.
* Deputise as necessary for absent colleagues within the parameters imposed by the requirements of Clinical Governance and Trust policies. Where necessary, be available for occasional emergencies and irregular commitments as are necessary to ensure continuity of patient care.
Areas we cover in Essex include:
* Southend on Sea
* Excellent pay rates
* Daily Payroll
* Free BLS & PLS course
* 24 hour support service
* Excellent relocation package available
* Potential for family friendly flexible hours to meet your needs
* Discounted CPD accredited courses
* Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
* Plenty of Locum shifts for you to choose from; we will no doubt be able to support you in fulfilling your diary.
* Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests.
* Lucrative referral bonuses.
* Hourly locum rate to accommodate Limited company.
* Fast Track registration and compliance with dedicated one-to-one support from an expert medical consultant.
* Routine employee recognition and appreciation
* A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
* In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments - we're sure to have something that is right for you.
Plus, the ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.