Pulse is currently searching for a Band 6 Occupational therapist for a community position in London. As it is a community position it would be desirable for the candidate to be a car driver and for them to have previous community experience. It is also required that candidates applying for this position have experience and knowledge in neurology and/or paediatrics. This is a full time position to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate must be able to manage their own caseload and work independently. Additional experience in learning disabilities would be desirable.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
· Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home.
• Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers.
• Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role.
· Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living:
· Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
· Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
· Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
· Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
· To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
· Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required.
In return Pulse can offer you;
· Excellent rates of pay
· Access to exclusive job opportunities
· Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
· An assigned consultant
· Privilege, employee benefits package*
· Opportunity to increase net pay through one of our payroll options. We have dedicated teams to help you with your choice.
· A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
· Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
· Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply