The role: Locum Consultant Urology
Salary: £ 75,249 - £101,451
Location: East Midlands
Are you looking for a new opportunity, working in one of the leading healthcare systems in the world? If so HCL Permanent is recruiting for a consultant to join a trust in the midlands.
This is a whole time ( 12 PA including on-call), Locum Urology Consultant appointment ,it is a condition of the appointment that the post-holder will be willing to work in any of the Trust’s locations or outreach district general hospital clinics. The post is for six months in the first instance (reviewable at that point).
Any applicant who is unable for personal reasons to work full time will be eligible to be considered for the post. If such a person is appointed, modification of the content will be discussed on a personal basis with the Trust in consultation with consultant colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Appointee will be expected, in conjunction with his / her colleagues, to provide a comprehensive Urology service to the hospital and associated hospitals.
In addition he / she will be required to:
- Work flexibly to provide a sub-speciality service in Urology and support theatre lists, clinics and endoscopy sessions that are vacant while the other consultants are on-call.
- Undertake such other duties as may be identified to meet the needs of the service
- Take part in 1:x 8 weekly consultant/midgrade rota for emergency duties and to provide, on a reciprocal basis, emergency cover for colleagues during periods of absence.
- Carry out teaching duties as required and take an active part in the Postgraduate Medical Education programme and in the teaching of junior medical staff. To be involved in the education of nursing staff, General Practitioners and other clinical professions. To attend regularly Surgical sub directorate team meetings.
- Have continuing responsibility for patients in his / her care and for the proper functioning of the department.
- Take part in team, department, regional and national audits
- Be involved in research where appropriate
- Participate in the management of the surgical service.
Extensive Experience In Urology
Extensive Experience in Emergency General Urology
Abilty To Teach Trainees
For more information please feel free to contact me Adrian Mason via email or telephone below or simply apply.
0044 (0) 1132338200 Ext 5319
£250 referral reward
Alternatively if you know of any Doctors that wish to come and work in the UK and have a GMC registration or working towards please pass on my details and refer them. You will receive a £250 reward once the doctor has successfully passed their probation.