The National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP) is a joint initiative between NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK which aims to deliver services at a large scale for people already identified with non-diabetic hyperglycaemia. It offers high risk individuals, behavioural interventions to reduce their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes through supporting them to lose weight, improve their diet and increase levels of physical activity.
Programme Coordinator in Leeds
The Programme Coordinator will form a key part of the Diabetes Prevention Programme team at Ingeus. Their objective will be to lead on the effective scheduling and logistics to deliver the NDPP in each contract area, and will do so working closely with the NDPP Manager.
They will be responsible for planning and supporting the day-to-day delivery of NDPP contracts in a particular region and will ensure that appropriate individuals and logistics are in place for the delivery and management of the service. Fundamental to this role is experience and understanding of delivering health programmes and an ability to support and engage with key stakeholders.
The Programme Coordinator will support:
* Coordination and delivery of referral protocols with referral partners
* Local marketing and promotion of NDPP as appropriate
* Contract delivery and performance in an area, including achieving target referral volumes for the service
* Reporting on the core metrics of the programme in each responsible area
* Coordinating and scheduling of resources and facilities to ensure optimal operational delivery
* Coordinating and scheduling logistics, including facilities, workforce and IT, for the delivery and performance of NDPP in an area
* Timetabling activities and rescheduling sessions; updating Educators and coordinating required facilities.
* Liaising with the Contact Centre to ensure smooth and timely delivery of sessions
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with Ingeus's Managers to ensure local area delivery requirements are appropriately considered and incorporated into operational processes and resources are available to support delivery
* Work with Educators to maintain a central record of attendance for participants
* Updating Managers of any issues, including complaints, with regards to the programme
* Inform Manager and other NDPP team members of ways in which local delivery can be improved
* Adhere to Ingeus and programme policies, including participant confidentiality and rights to privacy, safety and dignity at all times
* Report on the core metrics of the programme, using Microsoft Office, to present management information.
* Managing the referral protocols with referral partners
* Experience of working in a programme coordinator role, or similar, ideally in healthcare
* Experience of scheduling sessions and planning successful delivery
* Delivered excellent performance in past and current role
* Experience of working in a team environment
* Customer service experience
* Knowledge of and relationships in the Local Health Economy, including with Clinical Commissioning Groups and Local Authority Public Health Teams
* Know about the broad health and wellbeing agenda and local services
Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience as a team member
Strong influencing and relationship management skills
Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
Excellent planning and organisational skills
Good IT Skills, including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
Ability to multi-task and deliver against a number of priorities without compromising on the
quality of delivery
Able to work flexibly and under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Capable self-starter, and also a good team player, enthusiastic and innovative
Excellent attention to detail
* Understanding of continuous improvement
* Understanding of health contracts and diabetes
- 25 days annul leave
- Birthday leave (1 day off)
- Company day (1 day leave given around Christmas time - subject to when the Xmas period falls)
- Private healthcare
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- Lifestyle discount platform
Some sites will consider part time Core hours are 9 - 17:30 Flexibility will be required
For further details please contact Carly on 07880642046 or alternatively you can send me your CV, cover letter and contact details via my email AssessorJobs@Medacs.com and i will call you right back.