Job Title: Paediatric Registered Staff Nurse
Reporting To: Ward Manager/Unit Manager
1 JOB PURPOSE
To plan, provide and maintain effective nursing care to patients/clients and their relatives. To continuously develop and enhance knowledge and skills that will directly influence consistent standards of clinical practice.
Working with the team, support the development of student nurses and junior staff, creating an atmosphere conductive to learning and practice development.
To represent the Trust delivering nursing care to the highest and safest standards in line with the Trust Values.
To treat all staff/colleagues, patients, families and visitors with respect and dignity.
* Provide and maintain effective clinical assessment to ensure that patient care is planned and evaluated.
* Deliver effective nursing care to patients/clients admitted to the ward/unit.
* Seek supervision to ensure that personal clinical practice is continuously developing.
* Participate in appropriate training to ensure safe competent clinical practice.
* Ensure that all documentation is comprehensively completed in accordance with the NMC and Trust guidance.
* Involvement in monitoring and auditing patient care.
* Act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
* Develop supervisory skills that support the continuous development of team members.
* Participate in the development of operational processes that will ensure timely and appropriate admission and discharge of patients.
* Work towards the development of skills that will contribute to an ethos of nurse led services.
* Participate in the Trust PRDP process to ensure that you receive and give constructive feedback to enhance personal skill set and the promotion of professional development of nursing within the Trust.
* Act as supervisor/mentor to junior staff members and student nurses
* To provide and maintain safe and quality nursing care to emergency pathway patients and their relatives
* To work within the departmental philosophy and maintain agreed professional standards.
* To work as an effective member of the multi-disciplinary team in assessing, delivering and evaluating care to a diverse range of emergency and assessment patients.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with all patients, relatives and staff.
* Ensure that all documentation is accurate and in accordance with Trust and NMC policies.
* After training maintain accurate and timely computer records.
* Ensure that accurate and effective handovers are given to all members of the multidisciplinary team and other Trust staff.
* Participate fully in directorate training programmes.
* Develop skills necessary for the care of a range of emergency pathways.
* Take responsibility for personal and professional development and education.
* Contribute to the development of the service by sharing and developing new ideas with colleagues.
* Take responsibility for ensuring own knowledge and competence in the use of equipment in the Directorate
* Participate in and contribute towards audit and research undertaken within the service
* After training and gaining appropriate experience act as a mentor for nurses in training.
* Development of own team leadership skills.
* Develop skills to undertake robust patient assessments.
* Plan and prioritise care for a group of patients.
* Monitor and evaluate the care of patients and keep senior staff informed. Liaise with other professionals and carers regarding on-going patient care within the hospital and the community.
* Plan and ensure safe discharge and transfer of patients.
* Co-ordinate a small team of staff to ensure timely and effective patient care.
* Check and maintain equipment as required and report faulty or broken equipment to the shift/unit manager.
* Check and maintain stock within the department and report any deficiencies.
* Participate in the orientation of new staff to the department.
* Follow departmental procedure for requesting annual leave.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
1 Registered Nurse (part 1 register) Degree/Diploma equivalent/experience.
2 (Or about to qualify within 3 months of job offer application )
3 Evidence of continued professional development
4 Understanding of NMC code of professional Conduct
5 Knowledge of clinical governance
6 Awareness of research to support clinical practice
7 Ability to assess, plan care and evaluate for a variety of surgical patients including emergency and complex care.
8 Reflection on attitude and practice
9 Embrace new challenges
10 Support and commitment to the Trust Values
1 Previous experience working in acute ward setting
2 Evidence of post registration study/Nursing Courses
3 Assessment and discharge planning skills
4 Mentoring Skills
5 Training in venous cannulation and venepuncture
6 Research and impact on practice.
7 Ability to discuss Patient Care conditions and complications.
For further information please contact Carly on 0845 605 6031 or alternatively email your CV to AssessorJobs@Medacs.com