As the Senior Theatre Practitioner you will assist the anaesthetist throughout surgical procedures. You will be assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for all patients undergoing surgery, ensuring the preparation of drugs and equipment, checks and maintenance of machines, fluids and devices needed and pre-operative checks of patients to ensure a smooth handover from the ward nurse. As the Senior Nurse in the team, you will provide guidance to junior members of the team and assist with their coaching and development
Salary £35,673 - £40,401 + 4% shift enhancement, contribution pension scheme, 33 days annual leave
Hours 37.5 hours per week (Early, Late shifts, On Call and weekends)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering a consistently high standard of patient care, utilising evidence-based practice.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures relating to administration of medicines, blood and blood products are followed.
- Ensuring that the patients comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times.
- Maintaining a sterile environment within the operating theatre and ensuring efficient supervision of staff and resources
- Able to take the lead in an emergency situation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all incidents/accidents/near misses are appropriately recorded and reported in a timely manner
- Prioritising workload according to the needs of the department
Skills & Experience
- RGN or ODP
- Extensive post registration anaesthetic experience
- Experience of developing others
- ALS trained
- Demonstrable experience in mentoring other members of a team
- Competent in preparing for different surgical procedures
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
0207 861 8777