HCL Permanent is searching for an experienced and enthusiastic Specialty Doctor in Stroke Medicine for a NHS Trust in the North West of England.
General duties of the successful candidate will work within a department of trusted and highly qualified consultants and professional colleagues and will be expected to initiate and continue the clinical management of patients. All clinicians will be expected and encouraged to participate in clinical governance initiatives, clinical effectiveness and audit and risk management.
This NHS Trust is highly committed to the continuous learning of all staff promoting participation in the Trust’s adverse incident reporting and review systems. The department offers great facilities such as:
- A Medical Assessment Unit
- 5 Acute Medical wards
- 3 rehabilitation wards, 1 gen rehab and 2 stroke rehab
- Coronary Care Unit
- Primary Stroke Unit
- High Dependency Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
More role specific duties will include:
- Support and deputise for consultants in all department activities.
- Take responsibility for both in-patient and out-patient work.
- Undertake ward rounds, both consultant led and on their own.
- Assist the Division in the achievement of all out-patient and in-patient waiting list targets and quality standards.
- Undertake one or more research projects of his/her choosing.
- Participate in emergency cover.
This position is a rarity and not to be passed by, so if you believe that you are capable and more than competent along with these required essentials:
- Full GMC Registration
- Experience working in stroke Medicine
- MRCP is not essential however preferred
- We strongly recommend a statement of interest to be produced
Pay scale will be of the NHS pay scale for this grade, £38,000 & £68,000.
The hospitals are capable of sponsoring for a tier 2 visa if required.
For more information or to apply please contact Niall Horner via email or telephone below.
0044 (0) 1132338200