Job Title - Lead Cardiology Nurse - Oxford
Ref - ZALDCARD
Salary - £30,000 - £38,000 Pro Rata
Hours - Part time - 30Hrs
The Vacancy -
My client is looking for an exceptional part time Lead Cardiology Nurse (30 hours) with the ability to inspire others to deliver the highest standards of patient care.
If you're passionate about nursing and you want to grow your career in a leadership role, now's the time to apply to us, whether you're currently working in the NHS or a private setting.
They work with some of the world's leading surgeons in a wide range of disciplines, including orthopaedics, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery. Their staff are respected for their professional expertise and encouraged to get involved in decision-making.
About this role -
Reporting to the Cardiac & Diagnostic Services Manager, you'll be part of a multidisciplinary team. You'll get to work with some of the best clinical talent around and experience with new practices, equipment and facilities, all of which are maintained to their high standards -They take great pride in our low infection rates and high CQC scores at their Hospital.
Your key accountabilities will be to assist in:
* The management of the delivery and provision of high quality patient care in cardiology outpatient's services.
* Interventional cardiology (cath lab)
* Radiology intervention
* Cardiac pre-assessment and post-operative surveillance.
Key responsibilities include the following:
* Act as a clinical expert in cardiology nursing intervention, delivering evidence based care and maintaining procedural policies and competencies Assist with work scheduling/planning/rotas.
* To utilise specialist skills to support and assist other departments/wards with training and clinical competence relating to cardiology services.
* To act as a deputy to head of department.
* To act as infection prevention link nurse Ensure work is carried out efficiently and to agreed working practice and protocol.
Nursing qualifications, skills and values -
As a nurse or practitioner registered with the appropriate governing body, you'll have the qualifications required for registration. A qualification in teaching and assessment is preferred. Immediate Life Support is preferred and Advanced Life Support is desirable.
You'll have experience of multi-speciality surgical procedures, plus further professional training, experience and, preferably, a qualification in a specialist area. You'll also have excellent clinical skills and experience of being in a mentoring role.
You'll be an excellent communicator and team worker - flexible and motivated. As part of the wider hospital team, you'll interact with practitioners from other areas because you understand that continuity in patient care is key.
Key employee benefits:
* Free gym membership
* Continuing professional and career development
* Generous holiday and leave arrangements
* Flexible pension options
* Life assurance and healthcare schemes
* Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
* Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
Key Words - Lead, Senior, Registered Nurse, Deputy Sister, Charge Nurse, Cardiology, Staff Nurse, NMC, HCPC, Surgical. Outpatients.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or email