Pulse is currently recruiting a Band 6 Occupational therapist for a role based in Hampshire. This role is to start as soon as possible and it is full time. This is a community position therefore the candidate must have relevant experience in a similar position and must be a car driver. Applicants must be flexible with the hours they can work as they may vary day to day. The successful candidate will be joining a multidisciplinary team, but must be able to work effectively independently.
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
· Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home.
• Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers.
• Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role.
· Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living:
· Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
· Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
· Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
· Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
· To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
· Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required.
In return Pulse can offer you;
· Excellent rates of pay
· Access to exclusive job opportunities
· Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
· An assigned consultant
· Privilege, employee benefits package*
· Opportunity to increase net pay through one of our payroll options. We have dedicated teams to help you with your choice.
· A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
· Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
· Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply