We have a new position available for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join an acute medical team. This full time position in East Sussex requires an occupational therapist that has experience in a rehabilitation role and knowledge and experience of strokes, as the candidate will be supporting patients whop have recently suffered a stroke. Acute medical experience is also necessary as the position is based in an acute environment.
The positions responsibilities include;
· Provide a process of rehabilitation will be specific to the patient, and will depend on the symptoms and their severity
· Actively participate in the rehabilitation process for patients and work with the care team.
· Identify strengths and difficulties patients may have in everyday life, and help work out practical solutions.
· Practice activities with the patients through regular therapy manageable stages
· Teach a different way to complete the activity
· Recommend changes that will make the activity easier; and work with both patients and colleagues to find the best way
· Provide devices that make activities easier and ensure safety is considered when providing devices or equipment
· Design different treatment and rehabilitation methods for some of the main problems caused by strokes
· Work in line with the Trusts confidentiality regulations
· Maintain accurate reports in order to continue treatment for patients accurately to their needs
In return Pulse can offer you;
· Excellent rates of pay
· Access to exclusive job opportunities
· Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
· An assigned consultant
· Privilege, employee benefits package*
· A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
· Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
· Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply