Pulse is actively searching for a Suitable Band 6 Occupational Therapist for a role based in East Sussex. This is a full time role to start as soon as possible, but it is essential that applicants have Neurology knowledge and experience, as well as Acute medical and rehabilitation experience. This position will involve working will patients who have suffered from a stroke and are currently rehabilitating, therefore relevant knowledge and experience of strokes would be desirable.
In this vacancy you will be expected to;
· Provide a process of rehabilitation will be specific to the patient, and will depend on the symptoms and their severity
· Actively participate in the rehabilitation process for patients and work with the care team.
· Identify strengths and difficulties patients may have in everyday life, and help work out practical solutions.
· Practice activities with the patients through regular therapy manageable stages
· Teach a different way to complete the activity
· Recommend changes that will make the activity easier; and work with both patients and colleagues to find the best way
· Provide devices that make activities easier and ensure safety is considered when providing devices or equipment
· Design different treatment and rehabilitation methods for some of the main problems caused by strokes
· Work in line with the Trusts confidentiality regulations
· Maintain accurate reports in order to continue treatment for patients accurately to their needs
In return Pulse can offer you;
· Excellent rates of pay
· Access to exclusive job opportunities
· Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
· An assigned consultant
· Privilege, employee benefits package*
· A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
· Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
· Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply