Director of Nursing/Person In Charge, Elderly Care, Co. Carlow
In association with their client, CPL Healthcare have an immediate vacancy for a Director of Nursing/Person in Charge in a 60 bed nursing home based in Co. Carlow. Set in tranquil rural countryside this nursing home provides a superb range of facilities, services and therapies for its residents. Reporting to the general manager the successful candidate will be a team leader whose primary role is to plan, co-ordinate and lead the implementation, delivery and evaluation of nursing activities within the clinical area of the Nursing Home.
• To direct and co-ordinate the Clinical Management of the Nursing Home
• Establish and maintain a standard of residential and daily care and activity in accordance with the best national and international practice and within available resources.
• Ensure compliance with all regulations and legislation pertaining to Nursing Homes in particular in the care and clinical aspects.
• The PIC/DON will support the Operational Manager to lead the operation of the Nursing Home in supporting positive resident outcomes by ensuring that the resident’s journey is optimised by the delivery of consistently high quality care.
• Be registered with An Bord Altranais.
• Hold a relevant qualification in nursing / or care of the older person.
• Have a minimum of three years’ experience in care of the older person.
• A knowledge and experience of HIQA Standards and service development.
• Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
• Have a minimum three years of experience in Clinical Management.
• Strong Leadership & People Management experience
• Post graduate diploma in gerontology and/ or a management qualification desirable
• Eligibility to work in Ireland
Apply today in confidence to:
Helen O’ Dwyer at +353 214626139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org