Medacs Healthcare are looking for an experienced Consultant in Paediatric General Surgery for a well-known hospital in Doha, Qatar.
Our client is an ultramodern, all digital academic medical center which will sent new standards in patient care for women and children in Qatar.
Personal interviews will be held in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and Belfast in November 2016. If you would like to register your interest and secure a personal interview, please apply!
The Attending Physician - General Surgery in Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder's care. The Senior Attending Physician - General Surgery makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics, and performs appropriate procedures as per the patient's diagnosed condition. The Senior Attending Physician - General Surgery is also responsible for providing guidance to less experienced colleagues.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Assists in supervising activities of junior medical staffs and jointly assumes responsibility for patient care.
* Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services within specialty area.
* Conducts Ward rounds, reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice.
* Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
* Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder's care.
* Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
* Performs procedures and operations that are indicated based on best practice and are in the best interest of the patient.
* Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
* Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
* Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
* Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
* Practices appropriate utilization of the organization's resources.
* Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
* Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
* Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
* Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
* Supports and participates in the organization's performance management, including peer reviews and the productivity and utilization review processes.
* Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
* Adheres to the Hospital's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
* Provides care to all pediatric general surgical patients in Qatar regardless of location i.e. neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, fetal maternal unit, emergency department, trauma bay, outpatient clinics etc.,
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
MD or Equivalent (MBBS/MBBCH)
Completion of residency program with specialty experience or training in Pediatric General Surgery from an accredited Western Board
3-4 years of post-certification/residency in Urology in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
Research or Education or Administration experience.
Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
Board Certification or its equivalent in General Surgery from an accredited Western Board
Eligible for licensure in the State of Qatar