Pulse is recruiting a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to be based in London. This exciting opportunity is a full time position of 37.5 hours a week, over Monday to Friday (8.30am-16.30pm/9.00am-17.00pm). Community rehabilitation experience as well as experience with working with older adults, falls prevention and mobility would be very desirable. In addition the successful candidate needs to be able to work within a multidisciplinary team. The role will include goal setting and using outcome measures.
Also, to be considered for this position you must have the following;
• A relevant degree qualification
• HCPC registration
• Previous exposure in a similar environment
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
• Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home.
• Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers.
• Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role.
• Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living:
• Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
• Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
• Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
• Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
• To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required.
In return Pulse can offer you;
• Excellent rates of pay
• Access to exclusive job opportunities
• Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
• An assigned consultant
• Privilege, employee benefits package*
• Opportunity to increase net pay through one of our payroll options. We have dedicated teams to help you with your choice.
• A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
• Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
• Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply