Pulse have been requested to help recruit a Band 6 Occupational Therapist with experience in Stroke and Neurology treatment for an Intermediate Care service in East London. Due to start as soon as possible, our client is offering full time hours for someone to work with them initially for a month and reviewed for an extension thereafter.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
• A highly motivated, energetic, innovative and enthusiastic individual with diverse range of skills in occupational therapy.
• An excellent team player and able to work autonomously with exceptional ability to carry out comprehensive assessment and evaluation of patients with complex conditions.
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients, carers and other HCPs is essential. The candidate must be able to adapt communication skills to suit individual patient particularly on sensitive issues.
• The candidate must demonstrate excellent caseload and time management skills and possess an enviable interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
• The candidate will take full responsibility of his/her personal development and take an active part in learning and training development opportunities. Evaluate and demonstrate the effectiveness of own learning opportunities and alerts others of the benefits and problems for service development purpose and maintain a CPD portfolio.
• Excellent client and customer service skills and ability to work closely and jointly with other health professionals to assess patients' needs and formulate appropriate plans.
• Ability to prioritise and manage own caseload effectively and participate in service development and training activities. Specialised skills in Elderly care and stroke rehabilitation is essential
• The post is suitable for candidates who are seeking challenging and rewarding opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in community elderly rehabilitation in an integrated community care service. Car ownership / driver is therefore essential for optimal caseload management.
In return Pulse can offer you;
• Excellent rates of pay
• Access to exclusive job opportunities
• Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
• An assigned consultant
• Privilege, employee benefits package*
• A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
• Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
• Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply