Senior House Officer / FY2 SHO ST1 Lower GI Surgery United Kingdom (East Midlands) via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term / permanent basis.
***Doctor Grade: Senior House Officer/ FY2 ST1 SHO
***Speciality: Lower GI Gastrointestinal Surgery Surgeon
***Location: United Kingdom (East Midlands)
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent
***Pay Rate: £Negotiable (dependent on experience £28,076 to £39,693)
***Start Date: Flexible
***GMC Registration Required (General Medical Council) Essential
TIER 2 CERTIFICATE OF SPONSORSHIP (formerly Work Permit)
Applications from doctors who require a Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK, we welcome and will consider all doctors with appropriate experience alongside all EU and UK trained doctors, upon appointment the relevant paperwork will be issued to the successful applicant- if required
The hospital offers an excellent starting salary (dependent on experience) with pay enhancements for overtime, shift and out of hours work that you do, you average working week will be 39 hours per week plus overtime opportunities as and when required.
As a SHO/ Senior House Officer you will work closely with other junior doctors and a team of registrar doctors and Consultant within your department. You must maintain liaison with colleagues who are on duty immediately before and after you to ensure adequate communication and continuity of patient care. You will instruct nursing staff in the care of patients, also the professional technical staff in the investigations as required- those necessary for patient care and take patient care that other departments are fully acquainted with all necessary information.
DUTIES (guideline only)
• To provide safe and effective care of patients.
• You will have delegated responsibility for all the patients under the care of the Consultant to whose firm you are attached at the time, and for the patients of all the Consultants when undertaking emergency cover or when the other SHOs are off duty.
• You will refer to the Consultant(s) when problems arise which are beyond your authority and/or experience, and will oversee and advise the House Officers.
• Applying specialist knowledge and skills across a range of impairments, procedures and practices gained through practical experience, underpinned by theoretical knowledge.
• Have a continuing responsibility for the care of patients and the functioning of the department.
• Providing diagnosis and treatment for all categories of patient in the department.
• To actively participate in staff meetings, forums and development programmes in order to support development of service and maintenance of high quality care.
The salary is based on the national salary scale as outlined in the Medical & Dental Terms / Conditions. (£28,076 to £39,693)
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The post-holder will be required to keep himself / herself up-to-date with their relevant area of practise and be able to demonstrate this to the satisfaction of the hospital / trust / GMC.
The trust supports the requirements for continuing professional development as set down by the Royal College’s and is committed to providing time and financial support for these activities, this is also the same for GMC Revalidation.
Professional or study leave is granted for purposes approved by the trust and includes time off for study, research, teaching, examining, taking examinations, visiting clinics external (if required) to the hospital / trust and attending professional conferences. Study leave allowance is a maximum of 10 days per annum.
****Ability to act part of a team
****Ability to cope with a varying work load
****IELTS and PLAB 1&2 (IELTS overall score 7.0 / 7.5 with 6.5 in each module) Non-EU Doctors Only
****GMC Registration Essential (General Medical Council) We can provide guidance if you need.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term and permanent medical jobs for doctors, nurses & AHP medical professionals.
Call us today on +44 (0)1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV with your GMC registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are able to apply online (see below)
Please Note: We will take the time to understand your requirements, so if you have seen similar jobs to this you DO NOT need to apply for each one, just email once and we will after registration send your CV to similar jobs as per your requirements.