Consultant A&E Emergency Medicine–General in Leinster Region - Republic of Ireland on a fixed term / permanent basis; working for our client via Workplace Doctors
*** Must have IMC (Specialist Division) Registration (Irish Medical Council) - Essential
*** Location: Republic of Ireland - Leinster Region (Louth, Meath, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare)
*** Speciality: A&E –General
*** Pay rate: 120,000 to 157,000 Euro’s (dependant on experience)
*** Role: Consultant (6+ years post graduate experience)
*** Duration:12 months FREE Visa & Work Permit Offered
*** Start date: ASAP
***IELTS Score of 7.0 Overall (minimum) – Essential
***Exact location details provided on application
Irish Teaching Hospitals and Medical Universities receive great international acclaim & recognition throughout the world, doctors with experience and training in Ireland typically enjoy great success in terms of professional career development & job satisfaction.
Clinical Duties (guideline only)
• Provision within the organisation of the department of a comprehensive Emergency Medicine service to the Trust, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness and the proper functioning of the department.
• Liaison with colleagues in other specialties and with management to achieve such a service.
• Administrative duties associated with the care of patients and the running of the Emergency Medicine service.
• The provision of advice, via professional and management structures at Divisional and HSE level, on the short and long term planning of comprehensive health provision for the local population.
• Participation, as required, in the instruction of all professional groups, including the department's own postgraduate programme.
• The provision of cover, on a reciprocal basis, in the absence of departmental colleagues in order to ensure the maintenance of an Emergency Medicine service and continuity of the department’s commitment to the Trust’s Major Incident Plan.
• Maintenance, via a process of continuing professional development of the knowledge and skills relevant to the post.
• Acceptance of and compliance with, the department’s and Trust’s programmes for Clinical Governance, CPD and Medical Audit.
• Out-of hours responsibilities, including participation in Consultant on-call rota where applicable. (Extra payment for On-Call work)
• Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff.
• Managerial, including budgetary, responsibilities where appropriate.
• Any responsibility relating to a special interest.
• Responsibilities for carrying out teaching, examination and accreditation duties as required and for contributing to undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education activity, locally and nationally.
• Where it is agreed between the parties, work on behalf of the HSE Hospital such as domiciliary consultations or services provided by the HSE for other agencies, e.g. the prison service.
Standard Duties and responsibilities
a) To participate in development of and undertake all duties and functions pertinent to the Consultant’s area of competence, as set out within the Clinical Directorate Service Plan and in line with policies as specified by the Employer.
b) To ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that minimises delays for patients and possible disruption of services.
c) To work within the framework of the hospital / agency’s service plan and/or levels of service (volume, types etc.) as determined by the Employer. Service planning for individual clinical services will be progressed through the Clinical Directorate structure or other arrangements as apply.
d) To co-operate with the expeditious implementation of the Disciplinary Procedure
e) To formally review the execution of the Clinical Directorate Service Plan with the Clinical Director / Employer periodically. The Clinical Directorate Service Plan shall be reviewed periodically at the request of the Consultant or Clinical Director / Employer. The Consultant may initially seek internal review of the determinations of the Clinical Director regarding the Service Plan.
f) To participate in the development and operation of the Clinical Directorate structure and in such management or representative structures as are in place or being developed. The Consultant shall receive training and support to enable him/her to participate fully in such structures.
g) To provide, as appropriate, consultation in the Consultant’s area of designated expertise in respect of patients of other Consultants at their request.
h) To ensure in consultation with the Clinical Director that appropriate medical cover is available at all times having due regard to the implementation of the European Working Time Directive as it relates to doctors in training.
i) To supervise and be responsible for diagnosis, treatment and care provided by non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs) treating patients under the Consultant’s care.
j) To participate as a right and obligation in selection processes for non-Consultant Hospital Doctors and other staff as appropriate. The Employer will provide training as required. The Employer shall ensure that a Consultant representative of the relevant specialty / sub-specialty is involved in the selection process.
k) To participate in clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data/information required for same in accordance with regulatory, statutory and corporate policies and procedures.
l) To participate in and facilitate production of all data/information required to validate delivery of duties and functions and inform planning and management of service delivery
• regular commitments to ward based teaching of undergraduates.
• participation in the lecture programmes for 2nd and 4th & 5th year medical students.
• teaching of other groups as required including other specialty juniors and specialist nurses.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee, the Operational Medical Director and Lead Respiratory Consultant, on behalf of the Trust’s Medical Director, based on the provisional timetable. This will be signed by the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment.
It will be reviewed at 3 months & thereafter annually or at any time, but no less than 3 months after a previous review, as requested by the appointee, Operational Medical Director or Clinical Lead & adjusted accordingly to the agreement of both parties.
This post is open to doctors who hold Registration as a Specialist in the Specialist Division of the Registrar of Medical Practitioners maintained by the Medical Council in Ireland in the specialty of Clinical and Emergency Medicine.
Office accommodation will be provided for the appointee.
All Consultants are required to attend the monthly Directorate Meetings. Post holders will be expected to share in administrative duties allocated by mutual agreement within the Directorate. As part of the Consultant Team, the consultant will offer mentoring support and lead the existing clinical team through; joint clinics, one-to-one support, individual case management and complex cases, identifying development needs and suggesting CPD (Continuous Professional Development) opportunities and responding to clinical enquiries via e-mail and telephone.
If you are interested in working in growing your career and increasing your income, then talk to our healthcare team today. If you can fill the above requirements, we will give you the following benefits:
*** Visa & Work Permit for FREE!
*** Guidance, Training & Career Development
*** Dedicated & Supportive team- Consultant available when you need.
*** Excellent Basic Pay, Overtime paid for extra hours
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV to email@example.com or apply online today (see below).