Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Senior Clinical Fellow in General/Internal Medicine (ST3+ level ) to work in a large teaching hospital in London.
This fixed term SPR level post has been structured to provide increased medical cover for the exciting development of a frailty service and ambulatory care in a busy district general hospital. The post will rotate through the specialties of acute medicine and care of the elderly/ stroke medicine
Although these posts are not formally recognised for training, successful candidates will benefit from the same training and teaching opportunities as our existing core medical trainees.
The post comes with exciting opportunities for further experience in a subspecialty of the post holder’s choice. The post holders will have the potential opportunity to spend 4-8 months attending clinics in the medical subspecialty of their choice from cardiology, gastroenterology, dermatology, diabetes, endocrinology, respiratory, HIV/ GUM, memory, Parkinson’s, stroke, rheumatology, renal, oncology, and haematology.
The post holder will have the following responsibilities:
• Medical management of inpatients on the acute medical wards of managed under the COTE and General Medicine teams.
• Providing day to day cover for the wards and units they are directly assigned to, as an integral member of a consultant-led team. This includes review of new patients, follow-up of investigations and treatment and overseeing the day to day management of patients within these wards and units, attending Consultant ward rounds and participating in multi-
• disciplinary meetings, maintaining accurate, complete and legible notes, prescribe medicines in the drug chart and issuing timely discharge letters / e-discharges and discharge medications (TTO’s) to promote good liaison with General Practitioners
• To attend outpatient clinics as required
• Liaison and communication with other Medical and Surgical Units and other disciplines within the hospital. liaise with patients' relatives
• Participation in the General Medical on-call Rota. provide cover for colleagues in an emergency and when on annual / study leave,
• Attending all training opportunities provided by the department. Opportunities will be available to plan and organise own continuing medical education within financial resources available.
• To take active part in all aspects Clinical Governance.
• To participate in induction and regular appraisal, assessment and continuing professional development throughout the contract.
• To participate in the training of medical students attached to the Firm, provide discharge summaries etc.
Contract type: Full time/Fixed term
Contract length: 12 months (minimum)
Salary scale: £31,614 – £47,647 per annum depending on experience plus up to 50% banding on the top of basic salary
- GMC registration with a licence to practice
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in General medicine
- MRCP part 1 or equivalent
If you are interested and wish to receive more information about the job then please click ‘apply’ or send your CV to: Agnieszka.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Agnieszka on 0203 096 4590 ext. 3532