Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for an SHO in Emergency Medicine to work in a large NHS hospital in Essex.
The emergency medicine service at this Trust provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to both sorted and
unsorted patients attending the emergency assessment area. The emergency assessment area comprises the
components of an emergency department (walking wounded, majors, observation unit and resuscitation areas),
linked to a medical emergencies ward and surgical assessment unit. Patients have a graduated model of care and
are moved through the assessment areas according to their dependency needs.
The Emergency Department serves a population of approximately 400,000 and sees yearly attendances in excess
of 66,000 patients. It has 542 beds.
You will be working as part of the Emergency Department Team to provide high quality acute care for the huge variety of conditions that present to the Emergency Department.
This will include the care of ill and injured children, some of the shifts being dedicated to seeing primarily paediatric patients. You will be supported at all times by a more senior doctor of at least middle grade level. This post will provide an excellent opportunity to gain broad experience in the care of the acutely ill and injured patient across a broad range of specialities building invaluable knowledge and skills to take on to higher training.
The main duties of the post are:
• Assist in the provision of an effective emergency medicine service for the people of Mid Essex in collaboration with colleagues
• Provide emergency treatment to patients attending the Emergency Medicine Department and liaise with specialties
• Liaise with shop floor middle grades and consultants for clinical advice as appropriate
The salary for this post is MN39 £30,002 - £39,693 with 1A Banding (50%).
- Current full registration with GMC with a licence to practice.
- A minimum of 1 year of postgraduate experience (including at least 6 months in A&E)
If you are interested and wish to receive more information about the job then please click ‘apply’ or send your CV to: Agnieszka.email@example.com or call Agnieszka on 0203 096 4590 ext. 3532.