Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Consultant in Nephrology and General Medicine to work in a large NHS hospital in Scotland.
Hours / PA’s 10PAs per week (Part-time may be considered)
Salary Scale £76,761 - £103,490
The post holder will provide ongoing care of Renal and General Medical patients within the Emergency & Medical Services Clinical Division at one of the Trust’s hospitals. The post-holder will contribute to the Renal and General Medical on-call rotas. It is anticipated that the new post holder will help to coordinate HD services and the provision of vascular access services within the department, leading on their future development in conjunction with the Lead Clinician for Renal Medicine and Clinical Director, as well as maintaining responsibility for a proportion of the Outpatient haemodialysis activity. An ability to support the physician placement of tunneled haemodialysis catheters would be an advantage.
Applications will be accepted from those unable to give a whole time commitment and from those who wish to job share (a suitably modified contract would be offered in those circumstances). The post-holder will be expected to agree duties at other hospitals within NHS Lanarkshire.
The core 10 PA working week will be based on 9 PA’s of Direct Clinical Care (DCC) duties and 1 PA of SPA time for a full-time post-holder.
• MRCP (UK) (or equivalent).
• Current full registration with GMC with a licence to practice.
• Inclusion on GMC’s Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCT or CESR (CP) at interview.
• Recent and relevant clinical experience and competency in all major areas if Renal Medicine and General (Internal) medicine.
• Recent and relevant experience and personal qualities to work in a busy unit dealing with the high turnover of planned and unscheduled admissions.
If you are interested and fulfil the requirements, please send me a copy of your CV to
Agnieszka.email@example.com or call Agnieszka on 0203 096 4590 ext. 3532.