Registrar / LAS SpR / Speciality Doctor StR4+ Anaesthetics General – South Yorkshire- United Kingdom – via Workplace Doctors on a fixed term/ permanent basis.
***Location: South Yorkshire- United Kingdom
***Speciality: Anaesthesia- General Anaesthetics
*** Role: Registrar / LAS SpR / Speciality Doctor / StR4 StR5 StR6+
***Duration: Fixed Term / Permanent (NOT Locum Basis)
***Pay rate: £NEGOTIABLE (dependent on experience £37,176, to £69,325 per year)
***Start date: ASAP
*** GMC Registration Required ( General Medical Council) Essential
Applications are invited for a Registrar / LAS SpR / Speciality Doctor / StR4+in General Anaesthesia. The post will commence as soon as possible (ASAP). This post offers the opportunity to develop general registrar level skills and possibly more advanced skills (ATSM) for those candidates with the appropriate experience.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications, upon appointment the relevant paperwork with be issued to the successful applicant- if required.
General Duties- guideline only
• Appropriate clinical responsibility for the care of patients delegated by the consultant to his/her charge. Co-responsibility for the proper functioning of the anaesthesia department, including supervision of more junior medical staff.
• Running of ward with consultant cover on site during the day, consultant off site after hours.
• Participation in clinical audit.
• Attendance at clinical meetings and case conferences as appropriate.
• Working within the multidisciplinary team.
• Co-ordinating appropriate medical, surgical and allied disciplines concerned with patient care and communicating appropriately with general practitioners and community agencies.
• Assessment, care and treatment of patients presenting acutely to the specialty and referred to the speciality.
• Participation in the SPR on call rota and to provide cover in exceptional circumstances for colleagues’ absence.
• Attending clinics and assessing patients and formulating treatment decisions seeking advice from the consultant as appropriate.
• Attending operating sessions with the consultant and assisting or performing operations as appropriate.
• Conducting daily ward rounds on inpatients under the consultant’s care, supervising the junior doctors in the care of these patients.
• Teaching and training staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate
• Communication with other team members as appropriate
• In conjunction with the admitting clinical teams and the wider health economy to develop and implement integrated anaesthesia / anaesthetic pathways throughout the Trust
• Participation in relevant audit and quality assurance processes.
• Abide by the Clinical & Corporate Governance policies of the Trust.
• To make sure that the guidance from the General Medical Council on Good Medical Practice is at the centre of your clinical practice.
• To keep up to date in anaesthesia knowledge by Continuous Medical Education in the best interest of the patient.
• Although a timetable will be provided, you will be expected to be flexible, in the interests of patient care and to meet the needs of the department as decided by the general manager and Clinical lead of Anaesthesia / Anaesthetics.
• To contribute to the wider corporate and organizational needs of the Trust as appropriate
Post Holders are required to:
• Adhere to Trust policies and procedures, e.g. Health and Safety at Work, Equal Opportunities etc.
• Work to the Trust values - Put patients first, Take ownership, Respect others, Be positive.
• Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff development and training.
• Attend statutory, essential and mandatory training.
• Respect the confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment and other members of staff. All members of staff are required to comply with the requirements of the data protection act 1998.
• Comply with the corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set out by the Trust.
• Comply with the codes of professional conduct set out by the professional body of which registration is required for the post.
• Ensure that they are familiar with the Risk Management Framework, follow policies, procedures and safe systems of work, make known any hazards or risks that they identify and take all necessary actions to reduce risk. All staff must ensure that they attend appropriate statutory and essential training.
To be discussed with Clinical Lead of Anaesthesia and Departmental Service Manager. (All job plans are made with agreement of the doctor)
The salary is based on the national salary scale as outlined in the Medical and Dental Terms and Conditions and mentioned above.
Personal & Professional Development
The post-holder will be required to keep himself/herself fully up-to-date with their relevant area of practice and be able to demonstrate this to the satisfaction of the Trust.
The Trust supports the requirements for continuing professional development as laid down by the Royal College of Physicians and is committed to providing time and financial support for these activities. The Trust fully supports the GMC’s Revalidation agenda and we have a dedicated Revalidation Support Team who support the co-ordination of Revalidation and medical appraisal activity, providing personalised support for all doctors, which includes the facilitation of 360° Multi-Source Feedback, providing advice and guidance on completing appraisal documentation and sourcing evidence.
Professional or study leave is granted for postgraduate purposes approved by the Trust, and includes time off for study, research, teaching, examining, taking examinations, visiting clinics external to the Trust and attending professional conferences. Study leave allowance is a maximum of 30 days in a 3-year period.
Workplace Doctors are looking for medical professionals with UK or Overseas experience: that possesses the following qualities:
*** Ability to act as part of a team
*** Ability to cope with a varying work load
*** IELTS and or PLAB Exam (IELTS, overall score 7.0/7.5 with 6.5 in each module) - overseas doctors
*** GMC Registration Essential (General Medical Council) - We can provide guidance if needed.
Note: The Trust operates a policy whereby all employment for staff that have access to children/vulnerable adults will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure (Disclosure and Barring Service) The Criminal Records Bureau ( CRB ) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority ( ISA ) have merged to become the Disclosure and Barring Service ( DBS ). CRB checks are now called DBS checks. Overseas candidates will require an international police check or character reference.
At Workplace Doctors we welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. Candidates will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post.
Workplace Doctors is a recruitment agency that offers locum, fixed term, permanent & locum medical jobs to cover the NHS, HSE, public and private sectors for Doctors and Nurses, AHP medical professionals.
We look forward to helping you progress your career and find you the ideal position.
Call us today on +44 (0) 1234 889213 to discuss this vacancy or email your CV along with your GMC Registration to firstname.lastname@example.org You are able to also apply online (see below)