Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Consultant in Acute Medicine to work in a large teaching NHS hospital in Kent.
The Consultant salary scale is currently £74,504 rising to £100,446 per annum.
- Lead the team of trainees medical and nursing staff working collaboratively with the on-take physicians to ensure that patients attending or admitted to the Emergency Floor receive timely senior assessment and decision making to facilitate early discharge home or admission/transfer to a specialty ward;
- Work closely with the Emergency Medicine senior medical team with respect to the management of the emergency medical patients’ pathway, including reviewing patients in the ED majors environment to prevent unnecessary transfers to the CDU, ensuring timely reviews and decision making;
- Lead the organisation and development of acute medicine within the Emergency Floor including the supervision and training arrangements for the associated junior medical staff;
- Experience of general internal medicine
- Full GMC Registration
- CCST Specialist Registration or will obtain within 6 months of interview date
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about this job, please click ‘Apply’ or send your CV to: Agnieszka.email@example.com or call Agnieszka on 0203 096 4590 ext. 3532.