Medacs Healthcare urgently requires ST1 - ST2 s in Trauma and Orthopaedics to work in London. These are full time, minimum one and two year fixed term contracts to start as soon as possible.
As part of the surgical team you will make an important contribution to the provision of patient treatment and care as well as service delivery. Successful applicants will be encouraged to develop special interests and skills in their specific surgical specialty and contribute to clinical audit and projects.
MAIN DUTIES OF POST
* Assessment and investigation of patients who attend Emergency Department or Direct Ward Admissions
* Care of patients on the wards including pre and post operative ward rounds
* Attendance in the operating theatre as required
* Maintain accurate clinical records and communication with other healthcare professionals
* Attend outpatient clinics as required
* Complying with the Departments clinical protocols linked to Health Board and National Risk Management Procedures
* Carrying out a minimum of one Clinical Audit / Clinical Effectiveness Project each six months
In order to be considered for these posts applicants must have MBBS qualification or equivalent, full registration with the GMC and a minimum of evidence of achievement of Foundation 2 competencies.
During this post you will expect to:
1 See emergency admissions presenting to A&E. During your post you will see the full range of fracture and acute orthopaedic problems.
2 Be involved in the management of elective orthopaedic and trauma patients
3 Attend theatre to assist and be taught basic surgical techniques.
4 Learn and develop communication skills
5 Develop your skills in team working and working with other health professionals
6 Understand the process of discharge planning for patients with complex health and social care requirements.
7 Become competent in practical procedures such as application of plaster of Paris, aspiration of joints, closed reduction techniques for joint dislocation, traction pin insertion, setting up of skeletal traction.
8 Understanding the principles and practice of resuscitation in the trauma situation
If you are interested and wish to receive more details about the job then please click ‘apply’ or send your CV to: Agnieszka.firstname.lastname@example.org or call Agnieszka on 0203 096 4590 ext. 3532.