Outstanding opportunity to join a global business who can offer great careers and opportunity to develop you career working with industry leading specialist medic al device products.
We are delighted to be working with one of the world's leading medical technology companies who pride themselves on consecutively being among the Top 100 companies to work for. They are currently looking to appoint a senior test engineer specialising in PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) with a specialist product range that is used by medical professionals daily on a global scale.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective test process and equipment to meet business goals and objectives. This role requires strong electronic knowledge and experience down to PCB (printed circuit board) component level and a deep understanding of PCB test processes. PCB manufacturing process knowledge would be desired. The role also requires 50% travel to PCBA vendors in Ireland, England, and the Far East.
Manufacturing Plant based in Belfast, with wider travel in Ireland, England and the Far East.
What you will do:
* Provide technical support on PCBA test process and equipment.
* Work with Engineering leaders to deliver business objectives and drive to improve supply chain stability. Engage and support PCBA suppliers with regular communication and visiting, to build healthy relationship and drive for continuous improvement at the PCBA manufacturing sites. Provide training to PCBA supplier engineers and technicians.
* Responsible for assisting in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem-solving test process issues using Six-Sigma tools.
* Coordinate with R&D and Operations to prepare validation designs and establish uniform specifications for test process and test equipment.
* Develop or review of test process documents including user requirements, functional specifications, risk assessment, design description, and traceability matrices. Equipment performance monitoring, and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
* Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
* Develop, implement, or review process validation plans, protocols, and reports associated with Installation Qualification (IQ),
* Operational Qualification (OQ), and Performance Qualification (PQ). Assist in the evaluation of out-of-specification results and associated corrective actions.
* Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets.
* Delivers and presents technical and/or training presentations to management, employees, and contractors. Coaches, mentors, and develops engineering technicians and operators.
Package and Benefits
* £30k - £49k
* 10% bonus
* Private healthcare
* Pension structure
* Phone, laptop, ipad etc.
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client requirements
* Level 6 Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent technical experience is required.
* 2-4 Years' Experience in Electronics Manufacturing Environment:
* Experience with PCBA manufacturing and/or test is preferred
* Electronic Test systems and installation and Maintenance of
* Electronic Test Systems is desirable
* Lean Production skills
* Proficient in ISO:9001 and ISO:13485
* 2-4 Years' Experience in generating Technical documentation for electronics systems.
* Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current
* Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
* Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business-critical projects.
* Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents. Demonstrable analytical & problem-solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
* Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submissiosoftwaree job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All diaiogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Device Jobs