The Head Dental Practice Transitions (DPT) is responsible for successful running of the Dental Practice transitions department. Through effective team management this department’s task is winning, retaining, and developing the dental practice brokerage business.
The customer base consists of clients, known as dental practice (single and group owners), as well as buyers of those businesses. The role has direct responsibility for the management and growth of the team of Practice Valuations Managers, who engage with clients and value their dental practices for the purpose of selling or growing their businesses. Head of DPT is also responsible for the performance of the internal Dental Practice Transitions team engaging with buyers across the dental market for the facilitation of the sale of the dental practices listed by the clients.
The role’s key contacts are members of their team, dental practices and Multi-Practice Groups looking to grow and sell their business, as well as Corporate accounts. Extended responsibility includes, market awareness, proactive networking and engaging with clients, Multi-Practice Group owners, Corporates and/or investors as well as any other team members with responsibility for strategy and operational direction.
Dental Practice Transitions (brokerage) is an integral service within the portfolio of products and services available to Henry Schein customers as part of oneSchein. Head of DPT will play a pivotal role in the fostering of oneSchein culture, driving initiatives and collaborating cross business units to achieve broader customer engagement goals.
Head of DPT will have an in-depth knowledge of the business and financial aspects of running a dental practice or transferable skills from, preferably, healthcare industry. A sound understanding of practice and group P&L’s is fundamental to success in this role. There will be a significant degree of financial modelling, focusing on EBITDA calculation, understanding of practice transitions and private equity investments as well as the effect of current consolidation on the future of the dental organisation.
The role holder will be expected to be responsible for the following:
• Lead, grow, manage and support the practice transitions (brokerage) business
• Oversee the daily operations of the estates business including:
- Manager of Dental Practice Transitions
- External Practice Valuations team (PVMs)
• Responsible for achieving budgeted figures, reporting of activities and financial performance
• Develop and commercialise relationships with key clients and buyers, including multisite operators and corporate groups
• Proactively solve business and client challenges, devising solutions to aid business development
• Ensure all practices are valued and marketed in line with company procedures
• Provide the estate’s teams with client support and development
• Step into the PVM role when required
• Support the development of all TSMs under your supervision and build effective succession plans for the team
• Proactively contribute to all marketing efforts, including all event participation, relating to dental transitions business, as well as supporting the integrated efforts across all practice services
• Proactively collaborate across business units, driving and supporting the oneSchein initiatives, directly and through the team
• Contribute towards the strategic developments of MediHoldings
• Liaise with Henry Schein corporate departments to ensure productive working relationships are fostered
• Facilitate the budgeting and forecasting process
• Identify and coordinate the required BRM development
• Contribute towards the recruitment, training and retention of new TSMs
• This role is extremely varied; therefore, the job description is not exhaustive and the role holder will be required to participate in other duties as required by the business.
Job Skills & Experience Required:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following:
• Good standard of secondary Education
• Business, Accounting, Management, or similar, degree desirable, but not required
• Accredited on the Microsoft Office 365 suite of programmes desirable
Required Training or Qualifications:
• Henry Schein suite of compliance training upon commencement of role
Skill & Experience:
• Ability to operate confidently and competently at a business-to-business level, engaging and forming partnerships with dental practice owners and senior managers of multi-million-pound Multi-Practice Groups and Corporates.
• Skilled at leading, managing and motivating teams of sales individuals, achieving organisation goals through the teams.
• High degree of commercial acumen, understanding of the P&L’s and ability to work to a budget
• Sound understanding of key business metrics, customer P&L’s, financial modelling and the performance metrics influencing EBITDA and group value.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• A customer-centric, collaborative, consultative and commercially astute approach to selling, including the use of Challenger Sales techniques.
• Good analytical skills and business administration with good competency levels in Excel.
• Experience of new business development and large account management.
• Able to develop and communicate business strategies and ideas clearly and confidently.
• Ability to co-ordinate complex, matrixed action plans and motivate TSMs in and out of the direct reporting line, from all OneSchein Business Units
• Comfortable with setting and managing projects to clearly defined KPIs
• Preferable experience with the Challenger sales methodology.
• Comfortable working collaboratively within matrixed sales and organisational set ups.
• Experience in the dental industry is desirable but not essential.
We believe the type of person best suited to this role will be:
• a self-starting, self-motivating, and goal-oriented risk-taker
• someone who likes change and innovation while controlling the big picture
• a firm leader, who is goal oriented whilst still being motivational, engaging and enthusiastic with their team and business stakeholders
• outgoing, poised and persuasive in their communication style; naturally adopting a selling and not telling approach
• an individual who is self-assured with the ability to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others
• someone who can work independently and quickly whilst remaining committed to delivering high standards
• a results focused idea generator who has an innovative and creative problem-solving approach
• Entrepreneurial mind-set with corporate execution.
• Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Curious nature excited by learning new skills and constantly developing.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
Our benefits include:
• A competitive salary
• 25 days holiday a year, with ability to buy up to 5 days holiday each year
• Life Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Subsidised gym membership
• Access to Health & Wellbeing Apps
• Employee discounts
• Company car allowance
• A hybrid, flexible working culture