You might be a newly qualified or provisionally registered pharmacist, or an experienced Pharmacist...they don't mind!
The client is just keen to bring in someone who is ready to drive services, and look after the local community.
* Script numbers are around 2,500 per month
* Staffing levels supported by a part-time Technician, Dispenser and Counter Assistant plus a Driver.
* Keen to bring in someone who is ready to drive services, and look after the local community.
* The day to day leadership and operational management of the pharmacy and the pharmacy team, including carrying out appraisals and ensuring all timesheets are completed and returned to head office on time.
* Motivating the team, ensuring all duties are carried out by the team and that targets set by the company are met and contributed to by the wider Pharmacy team.
* Performance management of the Pharmacy Team and managing competencies
* Ensuring a focus on safety and compliance within the Pharmacy whilst maintaining the Health & Safety Standards for the Pharmacy.
* Maintain pharmacy standards as set by the GPHC.
* Promoting excellent customer service always, identifying training needs where necessary.
* Training, coaching and inspiring colleagues
* Lead the dispensary team in the labelling, endorsing, ordering and preparation of all types of prescriptions and medicine orders.
* Filling of prescriptions
* Sign off prescriptions filled by the pharmacy technician to ensure proper procedures have been followed.
* Be competent and comfortable participating in all Scottish pharmacy services such as Pharmacy First, CMS, smoking cessation, EHC.
* Responsible for ensuring the pharmacy meets all KPI targets and general upkeep is carried out.
* Provide guidance to patients regarding their prescription and/or supporting members of the team to do so.
* Ordering of dispensary stock in line with company guidelines.
* Ensure dispensary deliveries are ready for collection by delivery driver.
* Oversee receipt of delivery orders, including checking for controlled drugs, ensuring missing items are claimed for and returns sent back within stipulated timeframes.
* Ensure special order items are ordered from the correct supplier and patients are informed of a timescale for receiving their prescriptions.
* Ensure all registers are kept up to date, including controlled drug, private prescription and special orders.
* Build and maintain good relationships with local GP surgeries
* Contacting, building and maintaining relationships with a variety of healthcare professionals with any queries.
* Focus on own Continuing Personal Development to keep up to date knowledge of all legal, technical and professional aspects of pharmacy practice.
* Updating your Pharmacy team on all Head Office communications and updates timeously.
* Complete end of month figures on time and have prescriptions ready for collection on the required date.
* Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are read/signed and followed by all staff.
* Overall responsibility for the retail aspect of the pharmacy and that promotions are displayed in line with company guidelines.
Package and Benefits
* Salary of up to £50,000 pro rata plus
* £2,500 relocation bonus.
* Negotiable to be a full time positon as long as you are happy to do some relief work in other pharmacies close by
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
* General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)-accredited master's degree in pharmacy (MPharm). (essential)
* Completed a period of one-year pre-registration training in a community pharmacy.
* Great work ethic and positive attitude with a passion for delivering excellent service
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, using initiative and delegation skills
* Ability to support and develop colleagues
* Confident computer and database skills.
* Mathematical competency.
* Respect for Confidentiality.
* Adaptive to change and progressive thinking.
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on email@example.com or call our Pharmacy team on 01423 813457.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Pharmacy Jobs