You will join the existing team covering the regular Pharmacists days off plus 2 days of second Pharmacist cover.
There is an option to work less than 5 days if desired. We are keen to recruit the right person, therefore it would suit both newly qualified and experienced pharmacists. The main thing is, you are keen to work with the small communities you serve.
The role comes with accommodation included above our Broadford Pharmacy. This is a 3 bedroom property that was recently renovated. You also have the option not to use the property if you have something else in place.
* Script volumes hit around 2,500 per month
* Staffing levels of a full-time ACT and counter team
* No day is the same as there is a high level of tourism meaning your days will be spiced up with weird and wonderful consultations
* Working across 2 pharmacies covering days off and giving extra cover when necessary
* The day to day leadership and operational management of the pharmacy and the pharmacy team, including carrying out appraisals and ensuring all timesheets are completed and returned to head office on time.
* Ensuring a focus on safety and compliance within the Pharmacy whilst maintaining the Health & Safety Standards for the Pharmacy.
* Maintain pharmacy standards as set by the GPHC.
* Promoting excellent customer service always, identifying training needs where necessary.
* Filling of prescriptions
* Sign off prescriptions filled by the pharmacy technician to ensure proper procedures have been followed.
* Be competent and comfortable participating in all Scottish pharmacy services such as Pharmacy First, CMS, smoking cessation, EHC.
* Responsible for ensuring the pharmacy meets all KPI targets and general upkeep is carried out.
* Provide guidance to patients regarding their prescription and/or supporting members of the team to do so.
* Ensure dispensary deliveries are ready for collection by delivery driver.
* Oversee receipt of delivery orders, including checking for controlled drugs, ensuring missing items are claimed for and returns sent back within stipulated timeframes.
* Ensure special order items are ordered from the correct supplier and patients are informed of a timescale for receiving their prescriptions.
* Ensure all registers are kept up to date, including controlled drug, private prescription and special orders.
* Build and maintain good relationships with local GP surgeries
* Contacting, building and maintaining relationships with a variety of healthcare professionals with any queries.
* Focus on own Continuing Personal Development to keep up to date knowledge of all legal, technical and professional aspects of pharmacy practice.
* Updating your Pharmacy team on all Head Office communications and updates timeously.
* Complete end of month figures on time and have prescriptions ready for collection on the required date.
* Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are read/signed and followed by all staff.
* Overall responsibility for the retail aspect of the pharmacy and that promotions are displayed in line with company guidelines.
Package and Benefits
* Salary of up to £45,000 plus rent-free accommodation
* The role comes with accommodation. This is a 3 bedroom property that was recently renovated. You also have the option not to use the property if you have something else in place.
* £4,000 relocation bonus
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
* General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)-accredited master's degree in pharmacy (MPharm). (essential)
* Completed a period of one-year pre-registration training in a community pharmacy.
* Great work ethic and positive attitude with a passion for delivering excellent service
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, using initiative and delegation skills
* Ability to support and develop colleagues
* Confident computer and database skills.
* Willingness to continue learning.
* Mathematical competency.
* Respect for Confidentiality.
* Adaptive to change and progressive thinking.
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on email@example.com or call our Pharmacy team on 01423 813457.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Pharmacy Jobs