Exciting Service Management opportunity covering the North of the UK & Nordics, working with a multi award winning global med tech brand who are instantly recognisable and recognised as a market leader.
Field Service Manager North UK & Nordics
We are delighted to be working with one of the world's leading medical technology companies who pride themselves on consecutively being among the Top 100 companies to work for. They are currently looking to appoint a Service Manager to lead a team of highly talented Field Service engineers in the North of the UK & Nordics. Our client is a multi-award-winning employer who offer great careers, working across multiple device specialities with a device range inclusive of both hospital and theatre-based products.
This person will manage a team of wide, remotely based engineers and will be responsible for delivering exceptional service to customers ensuring service levels are being met and customer expectations are being exceeded.
You will use your position to disseminate tasks, to prioritise these accordingly and to facilitate their successful completion across the Field Service Team. The successful candidate will be expected to take responsibility for specific metrics within the department and to make strategic managerial decisions to improve upon these KPI's.
You will also be expected to undertake regular national travel to support engineers and to build relationships with key customers and the internal commercial team. The role is also instrumental in making commercial decisions in growing the service contract revenue.
This is a new headcount position as the team grows and you will have direct responsibility for an established team and look to deliver outstanding people management, commercial objectives and customer engagement across the Hospital network in this established region.
People management of service engineers (6+) in the medical sector is required for this role.
* North England
Running of Field Service Team
* Build and implement field service delivery capabilities in line with the business strategy
* Distribute work amongst engineers
* Manage resource to ensure coverage of territories
* Assume responsibility for the completion of tasks
* Become the first point of escalation for customer and engineers' issues
* Production of Field Service Reports to be shared with the business
Implementing Commercial Strategies (to include but not limited to)
* Salesforce enablement, collateral provision, contract & quoting tools training and management)
* Tender responses
* Long-term contract growth initiatives
Supporting Field Engineers / Customer Relationships
* Support days with Field Engineers
* Develop training plans / manage tooling and fixture requirements
* Visit customers to develop relationship & build business
* Develop and deliver new training material
Drive Departmental Improvement
* Establish and develop opportunities for department improvements
* Drive through to completion existing key projects
* Develop process changes to improve service metrics
* Make day-to-day improvements to realise efficiency gains
* Plan and develop Q12 employee engagement
* Facilitate and review individual development plans for each team member
* Engagement activities
* Formal and informal one to ones
Package and Benefits
* Base Salary Range - £40- £55,000
* Annual Bonus 10%
* Company car/Allowance
* Pension, Medical , excellent wider package
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
* Educated to degree level is preferable, with experience in at one of the following also preferable:
* Engineering disciplines (for example but not limited to: Electrical / Electronic / Telecoms / Mechanical / Software)
* Medical Physics
* Technology Subjects
* Experience of successful team leadership is mandatory
* Field service engineering experience is required
* Experience of working with complex medical devices and equipment is highly preferable
* Experience of working within a clinical environment is preferable
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest. All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent. Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at email@example.com or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456.
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Device Jobs