Do you have experience in contract management in the clinical trials / medical / lab or pharma environment and want to work with an established global business that has experienced exceptional growth in recent times? This is a remote role so offers great flexibility!
We are delighted to be supporting a highly respected Global Laboratory Research specialist in the medical sector who following significant growth, are looking to appoint a number of contract managers in their business operations team. These are diverse roles that involve multiple internal and external stakeholder management but deliver a key process in the process.
Candidates keen to be considered will need a minimum of 2 years of working in a contract focussed role supporting clients in the medical industry ie Clinical Trials, Biotechnology, Med Tech/Devices/Pharma (Product dependent), IVD.
As a Contract Manager to ensure a consistent management of all contracts through the "business process" through to final Task Order execution and any future Change Order(s). You have a 'get things done' attitude and will apply excellent communication and organizational skills in relation to the contracting process. You are expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of all contractual related matters and will act as the primary interface for internal / external Customers.
Remote role working with global businesses
Overall management responsibility for the contract process for specific accounts including coordination with Business Development, Project Management, Operations, Legal, Finance to prepare, review and negotiate contracts.
* Serve as the primary Customers contact during the negotiation phase
* Ongoing interface with Customers regarding contractual issues during the lifetime of a project, establishing and maintaining direct Customer contact
* Work closely and act as an intermediary between the Business Development Managers, internal & external stakeholders and partner labs
* Creates, negotiates and finalizes contractual documents, including Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Letter of Intents, Start-up Agreements, Task Orders, Change Orders etc.
* Follow up on the contracting process and ensure that all is in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and Customer specifications.
* Preparation of budget which reflects both internal and Customer needs
* Analyze the Customer's needs and translate the service requirements into budget updates for Task Orders/Change Orders
* Assure consistency of budgets
* Facilitate and lead in pricing discussions
* Keep track of all documents required during the initial phase of a clinical project awarded to the business (e.g. budget versions, contracts, laboratory specifications, etc.)
* Ongoing proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms, milestones and identification of changes to contracts
* Ensure budget updates for ongoing projects by coordinating process control with the Finance and Project Management departments.
* Analyze current pricing and look for optimization opportunities
* Assist the Department Head BD and contribute in optimizing relevant workflow processes (e.g. Request for Change, Financial follow up studies, Contract Execution etc.)
* Ensure timely and accurate completion of relevant databases (Salesforce etc.)
* Participate in the development of testing of tools and procedures
* Participate in Customer meetings as necessary
Package and Benefits
* £35 - £50k - Depending on Experience
* Annual bonus
* Healthcare options
* Work from home allowances
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
* Master's degree in Science (Biomedical, Bio-engineer, etc.)/Life Sciences is preferred
* 2 years' experience in one of the following environments: proposal development, contract management, clinical contracting, pharmaceutical contracting, legal (paralegal)
SKILLS/ ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Communication - excellent communicator, open, clear and honest with a positive attitude; extensive use of telephone and face to face communication
* Interpersonal skills and possess the ability to manage multiple contracts of varying types and size through the contract administration process
* Strong sense of business acumen, capable and eager utilise financial skills
* Ability to lead meetings and have excellent negotiation skills
* Confident to deal with all internal / external Customer levels
* Knowledge of MS Office, Excel and windows-based E-mail systems
* Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
* Experience in the CRO business (preferably central laboratory services) is an asset
* Strong interest in pricing analysis and strategy with excellent numeracy skills
* Above average organizational skills, with good time management skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work towards tight deadlines
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Fluent in English
* Experience in a financial oriented setting is a plus - understanding of cash flow and revenue recognition
* Team player
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest. All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent. Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Medical Devices team on 01423 813456.
Not the right job for you? Click for more Medical Device Jobs